Prison guards and correctional officers see a lot of things in their day-to-day work, but there's always that one story that stays in their minds forever.
Below are stories of the most disturbing things prison guards have had to deal with. Check them out!
1. My dad used to work as a CO and he would never tell me any stories about his time there until one day of constant badgering he told me the tale of the 'Easter surprise'.
Easter morning one of the inmates thought it would be a brilliant idea to get completely naked and shove a toilet scrubber all the way up his ass so the only part visible was the bristles., he then proceeded to scream that he was “the Easter Bunny" while trying to hop around and avoid the oncoming guards.
2. I worked in juvenile corrections. One of my kids threw a tantrum before lights out. After lots of questioning, we eventually learned that it was because one of the other kids was threatening to sexually abuse him.
3. From when my dad was a guard: Two prisoners trying to kill a third prisoner. The shank broke, so the put a pen in his ear and stomped on it. It came out his mouth and he lived.
4. I knew a prison guard at Winson Green in Birmingham and he said the most disturbing thing about Fred West was how jovial he was. The officers kept forgetting and laughing at his jokes and stuff and then thinking, "Erm this guy sexually tortured his own daughter and buried her in concrete"
5. I had a neighbor who was a CO at a juvenile prison in my city. There was a new kid at the prison one day, he was apparently very shy and very quiet. He had the misfortune of sharing a cell with one of the more violent inmates. His second night there, his cellmate unscrewed a screw from a bench, and sat on his bed in the middle of the night. When he woke up, he said "I'mma make you a pirate," and shoved the screw into... (Continued)