Man's best friend can become man's biggest nuisance in 0 to 60. Destroying curtains, falling into toilets, running headfirst into glass doors, etc. are annoying but you gotta admit they're entertaining.
Pet owners of Reddit were asked: "What's the dumbest thing your pet has ever done?" These are some of the best answers.
1. Took my pup to a buddy's house and went fishing off of the dock. The pup thought that the lily pads were grass and he could walk on it. Not so much.
2. My kitten tried to jump so hard that he pooped
3. We have the world's stupidest dachshund. One time he sneezed next to a kitchen cabinet and hit his head on the door. He barked at the cabinet for hitting him.
4. We have a long hair cat that absolutely loves water. Like turns the faucet on to lay and play in the water. we were gone for a long weekend and left a neighbor in charge of watching the house. On Sunday morning they called and asked "Hey, how good is your home owners because its raining in your kitchen" Turns out the cat turned on the faucet, laid in the sink until their hair clogged the drain then ran for drier pastures. From the looks of it the water ran for somewhere around 24-30 hours. Flooding the upstairs bathroom and going through the floor into our kitchen. In our 115 year old house.
5. I was feeding my snake (live mice) and the mice dodged his attacked. He ended up biting himself and tried to eat himself. I had to pry his mouth open with a butter knife to get himself off himself.
6. My English bulldog managed to eat a roll of paper towels. I ended up having to hold him with my left arm as I pulled sh*t covered paper towels out of his ass like pulling some of those Clorox bleach wipes out of the cylinder. The noise he made, almost howling, haunts my dreams to this day.
7. When I was little I had a fox terrier that loved to jump up and catch bees with his mouth. The bees then would proceed to sting the dog in his tongue and die. My dog would spend an hour with an inflamed tongue and gasping. Then he would do it all over again.
The worst part is that he actually taught my other dog, a German Sheppard, how to do this. So you would see the two morons with their tongues out gasping for hours. Dumb.[deleted]