Here at Kabazi, we know what you crave! Our editorial team aims to humor, surprise and delight you with our daily content. They scour the internet for the hidden gems, keeping a keen eye on what’s trending, and serve you only the best of the best. So, keep calm and scroll on!
20 Heartwarming Stories That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity. #12 Is Adorable.
1. Today, I waited on an elderly couple. The way they looked at each other you could see they were in love. When the husband mentioned that they were celebrating their anniversary, I smiled and said, Let me guess. You two have been together forever. They laughed and the wife said, Actually, no, today is our 5 year anniversary. We both outlived our spouses and then life blessed us with one more shot at love.
2. Today, I walked my daughter down the aisle. Ten years ago I pulled a 14 year old boy out of his moms fire-engulfed SUV after a serious accident. Doctors initially said he would never walk again. My daughter came with me several times to visit him at the hospital. Then she started going on her own. Today, seeing him defy the odds and smile widely, standing on his own two feet at the altar as he placed a ring on my daughters finger.
3. Today, I operated on a little girl. She needed O- blood. We didnt have any, but her twin brother has O- blood. I explained to him that it was a matter of life and death. He sat quietly for a moment, and then said goodbye to his parents. I didn’t think anything of it until after we took his blood and he asked, So when will I die? He thought he was giving his life for hers. Thankfully, theyll both be fine.
4. Today, my dad is the best dad I could ask for. Hes a loving husband to my mom (always making her laugh), hes been to every one of my soccer games since I was 5 (Im 17 now), and he provides for our family as a construction foreman. This morning when I was searching through my dads toolbox for a pair of pliers, I found a dirty folded up paper at the bottom. It was an old journal entry in my dads handwriting dated exactly one month before the day I was born. It reads, I am eighteen years old, an alcoholic who is failing out of college, a past cutter, and a child abuse victim with a criminal record of auto theft. And next month, teen father will be added to the list. But I swear I will make things right for my little girl. I will be the dad I never had. And I dont know how he did it, but he did it.
5. Today, due to Alzheimers and dementia, my grandfather usually cant remember who my grandmother is when he wakes up in the morning. It bothered my grandmother a year ago when it first happened, but now shes fully supportive of his condition. In fact, she plays a game every day in which she tries to get my grandfather to ask her to re-marry him before dinnertime. She hasn’t failed yet.
6. Today, I was sitting on a hotel balcony watching 2 lovers in the distance walk along the beach. From their body language, I could tell they were laughing and enjoying each others company. As they got closer, I realized they were my parents. My parents almost got divorced 8 years ago.
7. Today, I told my 18 year old grandson that nobody asked me to prom when I was in high school, so I didn’t attend. He showed up at my house this evening dressed in a tuxedo and took me as his date to his prom.
8. Today, my dad passed away from natural causes at the age of 92. I found his body resting peacefully in the recliner in his bedroom. In his lap, facing upright, were three framed 810 photographs of my mom who passed away about 10 years ago. She was the love of his life, and apparently the last thing he wanted to see before he passed.
9.Today was the 10 year anniversary of my dads passing. When I was a kid he used to hum a short melody to me as I was going to sleep. When I was 18, as he rested in his hospital bed fighting cancer, the roles were reversed and I hummed the melody to him. I havent heard that melody since, until last night. My fianc and I were turned on our sides looking at each other in bed when he started humming it to me. His mom used to hum it to him when he was a kid.
10. Today, as I watched my 75-year-old grandmother and grandfather being silly with each other and laughing in the kitchen, I felt like I got a short glimpse of what true love feels like. I hope I find it someday.
11. Today, my fianc returned home from his last tour of duty overseas. Yesterday he was just my boyfriend, or so I thought. Almost a year ago, he mailed me a package. He told me I wasnt allowed to open it until he got home in two weeks. But then his tour got extended for another 11 months. Today, when he got home, he told me to open the package, and just as I pulled the ring out of the box, he got down on one knee.
12. Today, I walked up to the door of my office (Im a florist) at 7AM to find a uniformed Army soldier standing out front waiting. He was on his way to the airport to go to Afghanistan for a year. He said, I usually bring home a bouquet of flowers for my wife every Friday and I dont want to let her down when Im away. He then placed an order for 52 Friday afternoon deliveries of flowers to his wifes office and asked me to schedule one for each week until he returns. I gave him a 50% discount because it made my day to see something so sweet.
13. Today, my dad came to see me for the first time in 6 months since I told him Im gay. When I opened the door he had tears in his eyes and he immediately gave me a huge hug and said, Im sorry, Jason. I love you.
14. Today, my autistic little sister spoke her first word at the age of 6 my name.
15. Today, my mother passed away after a long battle with cancer. My best friend lives 2000 miles away and called to comfort me. While on the phone, he asked, What would you do if I showed up at your house and gave you the biggest hug in the world? I would surely smile, I replied. And then he rang my doorbell.
16. Today, as my 91-year-old grandfather (a military doctor, war hero, and successful business owner) rested in his hospital bed, I asked him what his greatest life accomplishment was. He turned around, grabbed my grandmothers hand, looked her in the eyes, and said, Growing old with you.
17. Today, as I was sleeping, I woke up to my daughter calling my name. I was sleeping in a sofa chair in her hospital room. I opened my eyes to her beautiful smile. My daughter has been in a coma for 98 days.
18. Today, my grandmother and grandfather, who were both in their early 90s and married for 72 years, both died of natural causes approximately one hour apart from each other.
19. Today, at a jazz club in San Francisco I saw a man and woman enjoying a drink together. The woman was a dwarf and the man must have been 6 feet tall. Later in the evening they went out onto the dance floor. The man got down on his knees so they could slow dance together. They danced the rest of the night.
20. Today, on our 10th anniversary, she handed me a suicide note she wrote when she was 22, on the exact day we met. And she said, For all these years I didnt want you to know how foolish and unstable I was back when we met. But even though you didnt know, you saved me. Thank you.
Share this with your friends by clicking below!