1. That feeling of dread that washes over you when the phone rings and youre not mentally prepared to chat.
2.When you want to cut all ties to civilization but still be on the internet.
3. Trying to be extra outgoing when you flirt so your crush doesnt think you hate them.
4. When spending a heavenly weekend alone means that youre missing out on time with friends.
5. And you fear that by doing so, you are nearing hermit status.
6. When your ride at a party doesnt want to leave early, and no one seems to understand your distress.
7.When your friend wants to invite more people over, and you dont want to sound like a bad person by saying no.
8. Practicing conversations with people youll never talk to.
9. When you have an awesome night out, but have to deal with feeling exhausted for days after the fact.
10. People saying Just be more social.
11. When youre able to enjoy parties and meetings, but after a short amount of time wish you were home in your pajamas.
12. Staying up late every night because its the only time that you can actually be alone.
13. People making you feel weird for wanting to do things by yourself.
14. Having more conversations in your head than you do in real life.
15. The need to recharge after social situations.
16. People calling you out for day dreaming too much.
17. Carrying a book to a public place so no one will bug you, but other people take that as a conversation starter.
18. People interrupting your thoughts, and you get irrationally angry.
19. Having to say I kind of want to spend some time by myself when you have to deal with that friend that always wants to hang out.
20. When youre asked to do a group project, and know that youre going to hate every minute of it.
21. When you hear the question Wanna hang out?, and your palms start to sweat with anxiety.
22. When you hear, Are you OK? or Why are you so quiet? for the umpteenth time.
23. Having visitors stay with you is a nightmare, because it means you have to be on at ALL TIMES.
24. When people stop inviting you places because youre the one that keeps canceling plans.
25. Being horrified of small talk, but enjoying deep discussions.
26. When you need to take breaks and recharge after socializing for too long.
27. The requirement to think introspectively rather than go to someone else with your problems.
28. Not wanting to be alone, just wanting to be left alone. And people not understanding that.
29. When people mistake your thoughtful look for being shy, or worse, moody.
30. That people need to know that you arent mad, depressed or anti-social. You just need to not talk to anyone for a while. And thats okay.
Help your friends understand, share this with them by clicking below!