1. Does music express emotions or just elicit them? Read the next 200 pages to not find out.
2. Girls take birth control. Girls then pee outunmetabolized estrogens from birth control. Pee goes to water treatment plant,estrogens not treated, male fish become female fish.
3. Nanoparticles are weird and I accidentally made a bomb and electrocuted myself.
4. People trying meditation for the first time getaroused.
5. When I get rid of this gene, it messes the brain up. Alot.
6. Computer AI systems can learn tooperate a warp drive and automatically build an instructional system to trainpeople how to do it. My dissertation is probably the only one in existence toreference the Star Trek technical manual.
7. My experimental drug does NOT cure addiction.
8. Making new magnets from old magnets because we'rerunning out of magnets.
9. Inpatients with schizophrenia are happier andsocialize more in the context of a music listening group. It was obvious beforewe began the project and we learned nothing.
10. Little things stick together. Here's a slightlyeasier way to calculate their stickiness.
11. There are amoebas living in volcanos, but I nevercaptured Bigfoot on film (I tried).
12. We can take random pieces of bacterial DNA frombeaver poop and put them into other bacteria to discover new things, like howto break wood down into biofuels. Yes, I had to dissect dead beavers and handletheir poop.
13. This protein looks like it might contribute toasthma. Oh, turns out it probably doesn't.
14. I crunch numbers using a supercomputer in the hopesof ensuring a fusion reactor in France doesn't get fried on the inside.
15. Two proteins touch each other in a specific place inthe developing heart. No idea if it's important for anything.
16. I can make models of galaxies in a computer, but Ican't explain why they don't act like real ones. Even if I bash them togetheror stir them around.
17. People sometimes think about animals as if they'repeople. People like those animals a little more than regular animals. Exceptwhen they don't. I can't believe they gave me a PhD.
18. Sand washes away, don't build important stuff on it
19. Why does a coffee stain looks the way it is, and howyou can use it to make anti-laser glasses.
20. You can make antimatter move in strange ways if youset your equipment up wrong.