1. He might look like a party boy in Wolf of Wall Street, but Leonardo Dicaprio says he's never done drugs. He had to be taught how to play being high by drug experts.
2. On the set of Titanic, after finding out that she had to be naked in front of Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet decided to break the ice, and when they first met, she flashed him.
3. As an environmental activist, Leonardo Dicaprio bought an island called Blackadore Caye in Belize, more than ten years ago. The island suffered from overfishing, an eroding coastline and deforestation.
Mr. DiCaprio partnered with Paul Scialla, a New York City-based developer at Delos, to create the world's first eco-conscious resort on the island. The luxury resort is scheduled to open for guests in 2018.
4. It's reported that Leonardo DiCaprio was named after the famous Leonardo Da Vinci.
His pregnant mother was looking at a portrait of Leonardo DaVinci at a gallery in Florence, Italy when DiCaprio first kicked. According to Leo, his father interpreted this as a cosmic sign.
5. The movie studio making "American Psycho" wanted Leonardo DiCaprio for the Bateman role.They were willing to quadruple the budget in order to accommodate DiCaprio's $21 million quote.
At the same time, Christian Bale declined all roles and auditions for 9 months, confident that DiCaprio would eventually turn down the part. Bale was right.
6. Leonardo DiCaprio blocked an indie film that he starred in from being released in the US and Canada. The producer of the film called Dons Plum, has released the film on the Internet, and drafted a letter to Leo about it. You can find the letter here.
7. In 2007 Leonardo DiCaprio/Warner Bros. won a bidding war against Brad Pitt/Paramount Pictures for the rights to Jordan Belfort's memoir The Wolf of Wall Street.
Continue reading on the next page!
8. Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet created a fund to subsidize the nursing home fees for Millvina Dean, the last Titanic survivor. At the time, Millvina had been living at a nursing home since she broke her hip and was struggling to pay the fees. She even had to sell several Titanic mementoes to raise cash.
DiCaprio and Winslet said they hoped Millvina could rest easier knowing that her future was secure.
9. During the filming of Django Unchained, Leonardo DiCaprio stopped mid-scene because he was having "a difficult time" using so many racial slurs. Samuel L. Jackson then pulled him aside telling him, "mother fucker, this is just another Tuesday for us."
10. Frank Abagnale portrayed by Leonardo DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can escaped prison by convincing a group of guards that he was actually an undercover prison inspector pretending to be an inmate.
with your friends!