A group of men were asked what traditionally feminine things they wished were more acceptable for men to do. What they said ranges from the silly and hilarious, to the smart and perceptive. Enjoy!
1. Being able to wear some actual colourful clothing The lovely colour choices of men’s formal clothes: Black, Charcoal, Navy, Gray. Its like were always going to a funeral.
2. I. LOVE. ANIMALS. I want to be covered in kittens and puppies, I want to hug and play with a dog, I want to pet cats until they’re annoyed, THEN PET THEM SOME MORE. I have a beard, hairy, masculine build, doesn’t mean I can’t love the critters of this earth!
3. The way women stand leaning on their arm that’s holding their hip, its super comfortable and I want to look like a little teapot damn it!
4. Sitting down to pee.
5. Crying at Disney films and chick flicks. Ive always had to hold back my tears and make stupid jokes to seem more masculine 🙁
6. I just want to be the little spoon at night. 🙁 When a partner lets you be the little spoon, you feel so safe and nothing in the world matters. Screw gender roles!
7. Plucking eyebrow hair. I used to have one eyebrow, now I have two. It made good mathematical sense to me.
8. I wish us men could just sit there and look pretty as women approach us and make the first move, yet the pressure is always on men to go first.
9. The ability to show vulnerability. Oh and I guess getting to order fruity drinks at the bar would be pretty cool.
10. Wearing more interesting and fun clothes. Women get to wear such fun and complex outfits. For us guys, it’s just shirt, pants, shirt, pants. I love suits and tuxedos, but compared to what women wear to formal events, men just look so damn boring.
11. Singing and dancing to popular female singers, I just want to live! T-swifts Blank Space was my jam for a couple weeks. Not the manliest thing to sing along to…
12. I wash my face with a facial wash scrub and it is awesome! Whenever I recommend it to a guy they instantly make fun of me, but the facial scrub makes you feel so clean and wonderful plus it smells awesome!
13. I like using women shampoos and conditioner it’s nice having my hair smell like lavender instead of “steel” or “anarchy”. Seriously, Axe names can be ridiculous sometimes.
14. Complimenting women on their clothes/hair? I’m not hitting on you, I just like your style. Or saying another boy looks good? I’m not gay, everyone want’s a compliment every once in a while!
And perhaps response the best for last: What feminine thing do you wish was more socially acceptable for men to do?
15. Nothing. I’m a man. I go to baseball games and I build shelves and I fish. But I also bake, and I garden, I cry, and I drink girly drinks. Doing what makes you happy and not giving a damn what people think is manly as hell!
-As told by various redditors.