Florida man strikes again. Firefighters in Niceville, FL responded to a house fire last week and encountered a strange sight. They arrived at the home at approximately 5:30 pm and could see smoke billowing from inside. A naked man opened the front door, said, “I’m sorry,” and closed the door in their faces.
Police quickly arrived to assist the fire department. The still unclothed man once again opened the door, but left it open this time and went back into this home. The Niceville P.D.’s report notes that the man displayed no signs of understanding the danger of the house fire. The smoke was coming from several burning items in the home, including some towels.
The police detained the naked man and removed him from the house. According to the firefighters on the scene, he could have died from smoke inhalation if he stayed much longer.
Back at the police station, the man told authorities that he smoked pot and consumed around two liters of vodka starting at 9:00 am, which put him in an extremely addled state. Despite his dangerous activity, he had no life-threatening injuries and refused further medical treatment for the burns on his hands.
After the fire was put out, the fire department conducted an investigation. They found out the Florida man allegedly tried to bake cookies on his George Foreman grill, which he then left for other activities. When the grill caught on fire, he put dry towels on top in an attempt to put out the flames.
While baking cookies on a George Foreman grill is possible, you need a baking sheet or aluminum foil, which this man did not use. As always, leaving items unattended in an oven can cause a fire, so set a timer for baked goods.
Is this event an outlier or is a trend of Florida man idiocies?