Reddit Userswere asked the question, who is spinning in their grave the hardest? These answersare hilarious. Our list includes a famous mad scientist, the founding father ofAmerica, and some of historys best authors. Can you guess why GeorgeWashington is #3?
1. Kurt Cobain. 13 year olds buying Nirvana tees from pop stores because they’re “rad”. He’s fucking rolling around in that urn. Because cremated.
2. Karl Marx – I saw a Gucci shop on Karl Marx street in Russia somewhere.
3. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Motherf***** grew to HATE Sherlock Holmes and was glad to kill him off. In fact, given this quote by him: If in 100 years I am only known as the man who invented Sherlock Holmes then I will have considered my life a failure. He’s probably the worlds first perpetual motion machine.
4. George Washington. No political parties? No entangling alliances? Ha. [Definitely spinning].
5. If George Orwell could see the CCTV network they’ve set up in London, you could harness enough energy from his spinning corpse to power the entire city.
6. Franz Kafka. He wanted Max Brod to destroy all of his unpublished work, but instead Brod published it all. Talk about a good friend, eh?
7. Schrdinger, or not.
8. JRR Tolkien could power the entire world with the amount of spinning he must be doing after the atrocious Hobbit movies.
9. Che Guevara
.Wouldn’t you like corporations selling your face on t-shirts?
10. The guy that invented the wheel.
Continue reading on the next page!
11. William Wallace. Scotland last year was able to vote for their independence from the UK and voted to remain with them.
12. Nikola Tesla…though he alternates which way he’s spinning frequentlybut it’s all good, he’s holding a magnet and there’s a coil of wire around his casket.”
13. Lenin, ever since Stalin took over. He never stopped spinning since.”
14. Thomas Riddell, the guy whose grave in Edinburgh supposedly inspired Voldemort’s name for J.K. Rowling.
15. Probably all these artists who died lonely and poor af with no appreciation or love, and now their creations are being sold in millions by others.
16. Nietzsche. He is known as the “godfather of fascism” and linked to Nazism, when his actual philosophy was counter to so much that those ideologies stood for.
His core idea is the power of the individual to make his/her own destiny, which runs completely counter to totalitarian regimes’ main goal of controlling their people.
17. Colonel sanders. Those new commercials would make him go on a shooting rampage. That man didn’t joke about chicken.
18. Andrew Jackson
He spent his presidency (1829-1837) getting rid of the previous private central bank, The Second Bank of the United States, which he deemed “A den of vipers”, only to have another reappear in 1913 and put his face on its $20 Federal Reserve Note as a poetic “fuck you.”
19. Steve Irwin. He taught everyone no matter how scary or weird, all animals are our friends. He made tarantulas look like puppy dogs, rattle snakes look like your friendly neighborhood resident, and now animal planet, his kingdom, has gone to shit. The shows invoke fear of misunderstood creatures or don’t even teach you about animals at all. Animal planet sickens me now.
with your friends!