Imgur user Masrit put together some of the best examples of people who just aren’t all that sharp. Try to keep your face out of your palm while reading these.
1. My daughter and I went through the McDonald’s driveway window and I gave the cashier a $5 note. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her 25c. She said, ‘you gave me too much money.’ I said, ‘Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar coin back.’ She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the 25c, and said ‘We’re sorry but we don’t do that kind of thing.’ The cashier then proceeded to give me back 75 cents in change. Do not confuse the people at McDonald’s.
2. I used to work at a Panera Bread and a woman once asked me “What kind of cheese is in your broccoli and cheddar soup?” – @icypants
3. I used to work at a car wash. One time a man pulled up and I told him to put the car in neutral. He up ended up shifting into reverse and while his car rolled backwards he just stared at me with both hands in the air, never touching the brakes, while I chased him screaming “NEUTRAL!” until he finally slammed into the car behind him. He tried to blame me for “not telling him he was in reverse”. No one bought that. – OneTimeINibbledOnAPieceOfCheese
4. I had a customer buy just 2 things on a hot summer day. A pint of ice cream, and a can of chilli. Since it was only 2 items and neither of them delicate, I bagged them together. He returned 3 hours later claiming the can of chilli had melted the ice cream and it was my fault that I had bagged them together… –kanihaznaiph
5. This woman called in to review her bill, after explaining charges, I said “Your total amount owed is eleven-hundred dollars” She says “What?” I repeated myself and she says “You mean one-thousand-one-hundred dollars” to which I respond “That’s what I said” her response? “What are you stupid, there is no such thing as eleven-hundred-dollars.” – srenderl3
6. When I started my job, I had to fill out paperwork to have the comm guys set up my email. It took a week before I finally went to ask them what was talking so long. They had canceled the work order because I never replied to their email telling me how to access my email. –NowlAreOne
7. My coworker once said “Yeah, I don’t really believe in evolution, because how come there are monkeys and humans at the same time? Besides scientists jump into a lot of conclusions just from watching bones.” – Zarasa
8. I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, ‘Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?’ To which I replied, ‘If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?’ He smiled knowingly and nodded, ‘That’s why we ask.’
9. While shopping at the local Food City in my small country town tucked in the mountains, I noticed a sign that read ‘Far wood for sale’ which really confused me. It wasn’t until we left the store and drove past a stand selling ‘fire’ wood. I guess they sounded it out the best the could.” – darcythepinoboy
10. I was working as a hostess at Red Robin when a patron approached me to complain about her waitress, saying she never received more fries with her order. I responded, “oh dear. Your server didn’t ask if you needed anything?” and the woman responds, “No. She asked me if I needed anything. I told her no. But she did NOT ask me if I needed more fries.” My brain short-circuited. – benderrodiguez
11. At my job at a garden center I had a woman come up to me and say “I’m looking for an annual flower that comes back every year” I replied “Oh, you mean a perennial?” she says “No, an annual, I want it to come back every year, stay green in the winter, and be tall, like a large bush.” After much failed reasoning and explaining, I eventually directed her to the tree section, where she quickly bought a spruce tree. I’ve concluded that this is the polar opposite of an annual flower. – pigeonkitty
12. This old guy used to come to the store and THROW all of the groceries on to the conveyor belt. A lot of the time milk cartons, yogurt packages etc. broke cartons, yogurt packages and I told him many times that he has to stop doing that. I made him pay for what ever he broke, and one time a customer that was behind him in line got angry because “you can’t make him pay for that! It’s broken!” –Lontri
13. My family and I were getting breakfast at a McDonalds in a small town in Florida. My brother ordered an iced coffee and the woman behind the counter asked “Do you want that hot or cold?” My girlfriend immediately started laughing, which I thought it was an automatic response, until she asked again: “Do you want your iced coffee hot or cold?” My brother answered: “cold please.” ToxicPineapple
14. When my husband and I arrived at a car dealership to pick up our car after a service, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver’s side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. `Hey,’ I announced to the technician, ‘its open!’ His reply, ‘I know. I already did that side.’
15. Working at target, A Customer walked in and asked if we had nachos. My co-workertold her we didn’t have nachos, but we had cheese chips and salsa. She looked like he was an idiot and said “the hell am I going to do with that? I want nachos!” and stormed off. THEBESTHOSTEVER
16. I was working for Philips electronics at a call center of theirs, and we have a line of smart TVs that have Netflix on them. A guy called in wanting to watch Netflix but couldn’t get on. After 20 minutes of troubleshooting I tell him to call the cable company and see if his internet is on. Turns out he doesn’t have internet. He thought all the movies were just inside his television. Soulzhather
17. I once had someone ask me to install a thermostat so they could regulate the temperature. ..in the cubicle…that doesnt have walls.
18. I work at Pizza Hut where we have a regular dinner box and a big dinner box ($10 and $20 _ respectively) I get at least 1 person a week ask me “How much is the $20 box?” I face-palm every time. Davinci
19. We had to have the garage door repaired. The repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a ‘large’ enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, ‘You need a 1/4 horsepower.’ I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4 and he said, ‘N000, it’s not. Four is larger than two.’ We haven’t used that repairman since…
20. I work security and on midnight shifts control will call the desk phone at the site and ask me if I’m on site. – somethingsomethingaboutbeingcanadian
21. I worked as a waitress at a Japanese restaurant a few years back. I served some sushi to a table of three. Then, about 10 minutes later they stop me as I’m walking by and a rather large woman complains that her sushi “tastes like fish.” and that it was “gross.” I had to explain to her that sushi was, in fact, raw fish. After I told her this, she puked.
22. While working at Taco Bell, we had a customer come in the door and ask us if we made burgers. I told him that we do not, he asked if we could make something similar and I again told him no. Even after pointing out that there was a Burger King across the street, he still responded with, “I’m already here, just give me the closest thing.” mycabbagecorp
23. I was working at corner bakery I bring food out to a couple. They ask me where they can get the free weefee. “weefee??? I don’t know what that is.” It says it on the door. Is it up near the registers? “urn, can you show me on the menu, so I can better understand? ” woman points to bottom left corner of menu. Reads: FREE WI-Fl. MommaTrout
24. When I was a kid we had a ford taurus and the review mirror kept falling off. My Dad tried everything I’ve day to get it to stay on. Finally, in desperation, he tried to nail it onto the windshield. The next day we were getting a new windshield.
You can find the complete list here.
Share this article by clicking below!