Yes, everyone has a mental lapse here and there – a moment when we’re not really thinking and end up saying something that doesn’t really make sense or is just plain stupid.
What makes these instances so special, however, is that a lot of these people stood by what they actually said.
This article is based on an AskReddit entitled, “What Is The Stupidest Thing You’ve Heard Someone Say With Confidence?” To see the full thread, check out the link at the end of the article.
1. “You can’t be from Vietnam, Vietnam is a war.”
2. If we were 100ft closer to the sun we’d all burn up.
3. Someone in the middle of a group said that the only reason that it’s illegal to have sex with goats is that it can produce mutant offspring. The two other people nodded in agreement. I didn’t correct him, I just walked away.
4. “The earth spins slow as f*ck. Like 5 miles per hour. That’s why we can’t feel it.”
5. “Beer is a liquid so there’s no calories.”
6. “If light is the fastest thing in the universe, then how come it takes so long for the sun to rise?”
7. “Nigeria is a disease, not a country. I saw a documentary.”
8. After suggesting to a longtime BMW owner who was in the market for a new car to look at Audi/Mercedes, they replied that they have no interest in German cars. He believed that the B in BMW stood for British.
Continued on the next page!
9. “I can’t study liberal arts because I’m not a liberal.”
10. A gynecologist friend of mine once told me how she helped with the delivery of twins. The father became furious when he found out, and after seeing the babies for the first time, he proclaimed This one looks like me. Tell me, whose baby is that one?!
11. Me: “One day I think it would be fun to visit China.”
Friend’s GF: “Ya, but which part of the continent would you go to?
12. I couldn’t make any banana nut bread because the store was out of banana nuts.
13. My otherwise brilliant roommate in college told me I couldn’t get a plant for our dorm room because plants turn oxygen into CO2, and it could kill us.
14. “The moon is a star, obviously.”
Continued on the next page!
15. “Police Officer: ‘Can you take your glasses off please? I don’t feel safe with your glasses on and I would like to see your eyes.'”
16. The elements only make up some parts of our world. Some things are made of entirely different, unique substances, such as wood and glass.
17. “Isn’t it crazy how God made buildings bigger than people?”
18. Little boy: “Mommy, what is the moon made out of?”
Mother: “The moon is made out of…of gas.”
Little boy: “Oh.”
19. I worked with a woman that told me to always wash a banana before you eat it because monkeys always pee on them.
20. My brothers wife while looking at a plane in the night sky: How does the plane keep from crashing into the stars?