1. I’m not worried about wrinkles, in myself or in women. I find them interesting. I can’t see so well, so sometimes I look in the mirror and I see how I was as a young man.
2. The average celebrity meets, in one year, ten times the amount of people that the average person meets in his entire life.
3. You only lie to two people in your life: your girlfriend and the police.
4. With my sunglasses on, I’m Jack Nicholson. Without them, I’m fat and seventy.
5. It’s not so nice when you are 71 and looking for some action. I feel uncomfortable doing it in the limelight – so from now on I’ll do it when it’s right. Happily, when it comes to girls hitting on me, I’m not undernourished.
6. I love discourse. I’m dying to have my mind changed. I’m probably the only liberal who read Treason, by Ann Coulter. I want to know, you understand? I like listening to everybody. This to me is the elixir of life.
7. I don’t know if this is a true statistic, but I heard somewhere that there are three times as many single women over forty as single men. That’s what we got from the women’s movement. The chickens have come home to roost.
8. Children give your life a resonance that it can’t have without them … As a father I’m there all the time. I give unconditional love. And I have a lot of skills in terms of getting them to express themselves.
9. “I’m pro-choice but against abortion because I’m an illegitimate child myself and it would be hypocritical to take any other position. I’d be dead. I wouldn’t exist.
10. Star quality is if you’re on stage and a cat walks on and they still watch you.