Sometimes people can be a little socially awkward on dates, but then there are those folks that have so little self awareness that it’s hard to believe they’re even real. Live snakes? Dirty underwear? You can’t be serious.
Take a look at the creepiest things guys have done under the guise of romance.”
1. Two weeks after meeting, he wanted to get my name tatted on him. I noped out real quick.
2. He left a bag with a live snake in it tied to my car antenna while it was parked in my high schools parking lot.
I got a restraining order.
3. A guy I worked with sent me flowers to my home address. When I asked how he got my address he told me he stole my payslip.
4. “You are so hot. I thought about you twice last night… if you know what I mean.”
He thought that was the equivalent of whispering sweet nothings in my ear.
5. An ex wrote to me in blood once. No joke. Very creepy.
6. At university I fell asleep in the common room during a SWARM session, and the guy who liked me just stroked my hair while I slept…
7. The morning after our first date, sent me a picture of a guy going down on a woman, and said his first thought this morning was doing that to me. Later the same day he texted me saying he was falling in love with me… and that was the end of the shortest relationship I’ve ever had.
8. Ex-boyfriend thought sending me a leopard print thong in the mail was charming, but he didn’t want to be a creep, so he send it anonymously… and I opened it in front of my parents.
9. My teacher asked me out on the last day of class. We were both in our mid-20s. We went out for a few drinks. I ended up spending the night and the next day he texted me how nice it was to find my hair in the shower.
10. Met me on the train. Says he’s related to a rugby player (the resemblance is there so I believe him) and tries to ask me out thinking I’d be into rugby players’ cousins.
Half an hour later, when I’m waiting for my friend to get money out, he tries to surprise me with a “quick kiss” (covered my mouth and also tried to slip in the tongue), then goes for the boob grab, holding me close to him with a really strong arm. My friend grabbed him and kneed him in the stomach when I finally got his gross mouth off me, yelling for help.
So messed up.
11. I was flirting with a guy in a club, we talked all night and finally kissed. He was awesome and really hot. Then he told me to close my eyes and he put a silver necklace with a cross around my neck. I looked at it and said, “Uhm, thanks…?”
He smiled and said, “It belonged to my first girlfriend. She died in a house fire when I was 15.”
12. Broke into my house, left an engagement ring on my bed,and a note saying how he’d masturbated in my sheets because they smelled like me. This was all after I broke up with him…
13. I’d been flirting with this guy on Facebook for a few weeks after meeting at a party. At some unrelated point during this time I created an event where a few of my friends were invited to dinner.
Some things came up and we decided via text to change the location a few hours prior. However, apparently he’d been stalking the event, and halfway through entrees at this new place one of my friends gets a call from him saying he’s at the restaurant and looking for us.
I wasn’t into him very much after that.
14. A guy showed up on Halloween dressed in a costume to match mine. I was Cruella DeVille, he showed up as a 6’6″ dalmation puppy, complete with a leash. He had stalked me through my friends to find out what my costume was going to be.
I had met the guy like once before. I was so mad that I didn’t even bother to get to know the guy. He may have had a chance if he wasn’t so damn creepy.
15. Shortly after I broke up with him, my honestly very sweet high school boyfriend broke into my house while I was gone and left a card and roses on my bed to express his sorrow.
Aw honey no.
My mother was more upset than I was. I knew what he meant, but she was like, “HOW DID HE GET INTO THE HOUSE”
“He knows where we hide the key, mom.”
22. Gave me stolen underwear and cheap jewellery a couple of hours after we’d met.
This guy also asked me when he could put a baby in me and confessed his love for me.
One of the weirdest nights of my life.
17. I had an ex boyfriend who began stalking me after I broke up with him. He’d wait outside for me, park his truck behind my car so I couldn’t leave, leave creepy notes on my car, stand outside my basement door looking in, etc… All because he said I loved him and we belonged together, but I just didn’t know it yet. Ughhh lasted almost a year after we broke up until I had to almost get the cops involved.
18. This isn’t creepy, but it was very uncomfortable.
So I was seeing this guy years ago and one night we were in bed, we’d never actually had sex although I’d been trying to get in his pants for weeks but he’d never go all the way with me, he’d just sleep over in my bed.
Anyway we were spooning one night and he starts singing to me with the most awkward sincerity:
You’re…. sooo.. beauuutifulll.
Aaand I loovvveee you… yeeeaaah, aaand I lOOVEEE youuuoouuuOOouuu.. sooooooOOooooooooooooooo beau-tifull.
That’s about all I can remember. I buried my head into a pillow and froze, trying not to laugh and pretending I was asleep. It was a really weird moment, I never tried to have sex with him after that.
19. He was a budding animator who had a crush on me. As a romantic gesture to win me over, he created an anthropomorphic “sexy” squirrel character based on me and drew several very detailed and graphic pin up type pictures of it and uploaded them to his online portfolio. He was a pretty skilled artist and the face of the character was noticeably me. He said it was how he saw me in his fantasies.
20. Came to my house about two months after I broke up with him and starting serenading me from the driveway. I hadn’t spoken or heard from him since we broke up and he just rocked up and starting singing. So weird. He honestly thought it was a good idea.
21. Taking pictures of me sleeping. It’s not sweet, it’s creepy.
22. I was interstate staying with my parents for a few weeks, and my boyfriend showed up at the front door one day at 7AM in the morning. He had flown over from our city without telling me.
It bothered me because I was reallllly busy with some applications for those few days he came, and if he had checked with me I would have told him not to come. His presence was a real interference with my work.
I also got the impression that he came over in order to check up on me. Creepy.
23. Said he wanted to buy me a necklace with his name on it so other guys would know I was his and not talk to me. Apparently, it’s romantic to treat women like property. I got outta there real fast.
24. Followed me to the bathroom at a party because he “just wanted to help me.” When I confronted him outside in front of the party host he said, “I think I’m in love with you”.
I had just met him that night.
25. Ex walked 10 miles to the house where I grew up. It was the middle of the night, winter. My ex had a light jacket and stood barefoot in the snow outside my bedroom and tapped on my window to get me back. Movie? Romantic. Real life? Horror movie. Scared the crap out of me.
26. Drawn a pie chart of all the girls he likes and tried to convince me to go on a date with him since I was 32% of the pie.
27. A few years back, I had my ex watch my cat while I went to visit family.
While I was gone he took it upon himself to REARRANGE MY ENTIRE HOUSE, to a way that he thought “flowed” better.
He thought he was being really sweet, and I can see why he thought that, but we hadn’t been dating that long and I liked my house set up the way it was. If I had wanted my furniture arranged differently I would have done it myself.
What really got me though, is that he rearranged it the way he wanted it to look even though it was not his house, he didn’t ask or take into account how I, the owner of said house, used and utilized the space. He was treating my house as his house and basically moved in while I was gone. I broke up with him a month later.
28. When I was 16, a 25-year-old tried to get with me. We knew each other through barbershop quartet programs and since it is a small group of people, most of them add each other on Facebook and talk often.
Well, this guy added me and immediately began to flirt with me. He’d always call me cutie or tell me how sexy I looked in pictures. I had a boyfriend at the time so I tried to respond by talking about my boyfriend rather than making a scene since I was still involved in the barbershop community.
Anyway, one day he decided to tell me how my boyfriend didn’t seem worthy of me.
When I didn’t respond he said, “We all do it, I’m just a little lonely.”
…I blocked him after that.
29. I had this long distance boyfriend when I was a kid. He moved to another state which was great for my parents because he was older and they hated him.
So he sends me a care package one day. Huge box. Open it up, in front of my dad of course. There’s a shared journal where we write back and forth, some things from his childhood (like Dollar Tree rubber toy animals and stuff,) and a Hot Topic bag. Oh cool, a t-shirt!
Nope. It was a pair of used boxers. On this occasion, I will admit that possibly my mother was right and he was a bit of an idiot.
30. I fell asleep in an arm chair in the corner of a public study area in college. This guy I had classes with saw me, pulled up a chair and sat 3 feet away from me watching me sleep while eating a wrap.
I had one of those monkey instinct “hey wake up someone’s there!” wake ups. He said, “I didn’t want to wake you but you weren’t safe asleep so I watched you.”
Dude. I don’t know you. Don’t presume I need you to protect me. Its the hub of our tiny campus. Bisecting the two halves of the school with the cafe to the north and the administration to the south. There are cameras all up and I woke up when you stared at me for too long. You aren’t the only person in this room who would object to an aggressor. I can see our classmates right now watching you with grins on their dumb faces. You’re no white knight.
And sure enough after I say out loud, “Oh thats not necessary blah blah blah” he asks me out and I say, “I’m flattered but I’m not interested and I’m in a committed relationship” and he says, “Hey, just because there’s a goalie doesn’t mean you can’t score.”
Holy crap man.
31. Snuck into my apartment building after going on ONE date.
Taped a flower and a love poem to my door. Now this might have been cute because the start of the poem was all joking around and goofy…but then the second half of the poem was all weird and “you and I are gonna be together forever and have 10 babies” kinda stuff.
32. It was my first job out of college, and I went to a lot of networking events. I met a guy who was older (grey hair, balding) and had maybe a 15 minute conversation with him about very mundane topics. We exchanged business cards and moved on to the next contact.
Next day at work I get a huge bouquet of flowers. This thing easily cost over $100. They arrived right as I was leaving for a meeting with a co-worker so I didn’t really have time to think about them. Get back and I have two messages from the guy asking if I have received the flowers. As I’m listening to the messages, he calls again.
I share an office with my 30 something male boss, so personal phone calls are already awkward. The flower sender is asking if I got the flowers, what did I think, and telling all these other things he thought about sending but he wasn’t sure what I liked. When he finally stops talking, I thank him and tell him the flowers were a little much, which causes him to tell me that it meant nothing. He was just trying to be friendly.
When I got off the phone my boss (who could only hear my side of the conversations) said, “I hope that guy doesn’t know where you live”.
33. I gave a guy a ride home once and went inside so I could use his bathroom before I headed home myself. When I came out of the bathroom he was on the couch with his pants to his knees smoking one of those skinny cigars.
He was just like, “Sup…”
I left. Quickly.
34. When I started seeing my now husband, I had a friend who was very upset he hadn’t asked me out first. He kept asking me to go out with him instead, that he’d make a much better partner. I should have shut it down harder but I was 18 and the more insistent he got the more scared I was. I was worried I was blowing it out of proportion.
He kept coming into my work to ‘talk’ when he knew I couldn’t leave or be rude to him as a customer. It escalated until he texted me in the middle of the night to tell me he’d slit his wrists because I wouldn’t go out with him and was smearing it all over the walls, why was I hurting him so much, couldn’t I see he was the one for me? To him it was a grand declaration of love. I was terrified.
I stopped replying at all after that, I thought he would come after me. I had to get my managers and security involved to stop him coming in to see me and a few months later he moved away and got another girl pregnant. I should have gone to the police but it honestly didn’t occur to me at the time, I thought they’d just dismiss it as no big deal.
35. He proposed to me on the first date; had a ring and everything. The restaurant was chock full of people to be all, “Aww young love.” Pictures were taken. Obviously I said no. I mean, I didn’t even know this guy’s middle name, and he was so nervous just talking to me I was half-way assuming he was on some kind of weird twitchy drug.
A few years later he sent me a text. He mentioned a girlfriend, which lulled me into a sense of security. Plus I’m a pretty polite idiot, so I responded, pointedly mentioned my boyfriend just in case.
Anyway, he said we should grab coffee while he was in town visiting family and I agreed (re: polite idiot).He proposed again. It was a different ring. Part of me wonders if he just picks a girl once a week and gives it a shot. I still don’t know his middle name.
36. A guy told me that he had killed two people and dumped their bodies in the lake. He was psycho and thought that somehow that would be “cool” or “mysterious” and would impress me. He offered to take me to the spot in the lake and show me. I called the cops on him. He was pissed and said he made it up and I shouldn’t have overreacted. I don’t really know what he was expecting.
37. I was 21 and was talking to a guy on a dating site, things were very much in the early stages, and I was still vetting him to see if he was cool or not. We had discussed work, and we knew where each other lived roughly, but we had discussed that I wasn’t ready to meet yet…so color me surprised when he showed up during my work shift (never gave my exact location, and there were easily 5 or more other locations for my business in my hometown)…and I didn’t tell him I was working that night….
But he just walked up to my counter with a rose and gave it to me and I just about had a heart attack. I had my dad come pick me up from work when I got done at 10pm and then had a very stern convo with the guy after that about how uncool that was…
I walked on egg shells for a long time after that.
38. We’d gone on two dates so he decided it was okay to show up at my apartment uninvited with flowers. When I hesitantly invited him in he refused to leave despite me asking him to multiple times. Then he expressed concern that I was losing interest in him and that “lots of girls have really liked me and then done a complete 180.” He didn’t have the self-awareness to understand why.
39. I was late to physics class one day (big engineering school so lectures were huge) so took the first available seat in the back row next to a kid I didn’t know. Instead of just sitting quietly and listening to the lecture he introduces himself and starts talking to me. I tell him I want to hear the lecture so he quiets down, but stares at me the rest of the class. Next class I sit down more towards the front.
He comes in a sits next to me. Same thing happens for the next five classes despite me showing no interest in talking to him/ interacting with him and having even turned him down twice to go on a date. The next class, being annoyed with the situation, I choose an aisle seat, with the seat next to it already taken. Kid walks in and sits on the floor next to me in the aisle. It was absurd.
40. My first big girl apartment after I graduated college and the first time I had ever lived alone. I met a guy about the same time I was moving in. After two dates he set up his coffee maker in my kitchen and told me it was because he just knew he’d be moving in soon and wanted to be able to enjoy fresh coffee with me every morning. I don’t like coffee and we hadn’t even slept together.