[Source can be found at the end of the article]
1. The snowblower and a bad injury
I recently moved into my first house.
We had 2-3 blizzards in row last month. After it all settled down, I went to dig out my car. I start stacking snow on either side, so that I don't have to carry snow around the car too much. About halfway though, I hear a woman yelling at me. I see my elderly next door neighbor standing in her doorway in her pyjamas. I assume that she must be in some kind of trouble, so I head over to her. She starts cursing at me and telling me that where I'm placing the snow (on my lawn and on the side of my drive way facing her property) is actually her property. I look at the snow, look back at her, then at the snow again, and tell her that I respectfully disagree and to have a nice day.
The next day I'm at work and get a call from one of my neighbors across the street. Turns out that my next door neighbor bought a brand new snowblower and is now filling in all the shoveling I did with the snow from her driveway. Great.
I get home and the driveway is halfway full of snow, no big deal. I also notice that the snow blower looks like it was just abandoned in the middle of my neighbor's driveway. So I talk to my other neighbors and it turns out that my neighbor attempted to use the snow blower, but was too physically weak to push it, so she ended up injuring herself and had to take an ambulance to the hospital.
2. The annoying electrical issue
My dad had a neighbor when he was young that played his radio loudly all day, even when he wasn't home or was gone on vacation. Every time he left the house and his radio was still on, my dad would go and trip the circuit breaker to his condo.
One day he sees my dad, who was an electrical engineer, and asked him why his breaker kept tripping - was it faulty wiring? No, my dad explained, the loud radio was probably just putting too much strain on the circuit when left on all the time. My dad suggested he should try turning it down or off when he wasn't home, and see if that fixed it.
So the man tried it, and surprise surprise, the circuit breaker stopped tripping! He was very thankful to my dad for helping him with that annoying electrical issue.