[Source can be found at the end of the article]
1. There used to be a homeless man that would sleep outside of the pizza place I used to work at. Never bothered anyone, never asked for food, though we did offer him some when we had leftover pies. Middle of winter, he stopped coming around. Couple weeks later, coworker tells me him and his friends dumped water on him while he was sleeping for laughs, thinking I would think it was funny. Yeah, no.
2. My boss charged one of the servers for a table’s bill because that table had left without paying and were seated in her section, thus being her responsibility. The bill was 75 pounds. We’re payed 6.95 an hour. This was on Christmas day.
3. When our 26-day-old daughter died my wife and I hunkered down and quit showing up to church for a while. A friend from there finally touched base with me months later, and I asked him why no one had come looking for us or tried to help after the funeral.
He said, “I’ve known people who have had miscarriages before, and it didn’t take this long to get over it. When are you going to get over it?” This conversation was almost 6 years ago and my blood still boils when I think about these words.
4. Seeing my employer act friendly to other employee’s faces and then immediately trash talk them the second they leave the room.
5. Ex Girlfriend: “I don’t love you anymore, I don’t know why and I don’t want to feel this way and we’ll work on getting things back to normal… Ohh by the way I’ve been seeing [Insert Douche’s name] from work as well but I’ll stop now.
6. One sentence: “I can’t believe he’s not over his dad’s death yet!”
The kid’s dad had died barely two months ago at the time.
7. Making fun of someone for not knowing something/how to do something.
Once a couple of kids from a group were making full of a man for asking questions about how to use the computer Nobody is born with instant knowledge about everything.
8. My uncle told us that when he decided he didn’t want his cat anymore, he took her to the woods behind my grandparents’ house and just left her there. I was appalled. Definitely lost all respect for him. She was an indoor cat who’d never even been outside before.
(Fear not, though, my other uncle was there, and he went to those woods, eventually located the cat and brought her home with him. So she’s fine! But still.)
9. A couple people I know have done this lately: made a GoFundMe for some trivial crap. It’s the most poorly disguised, pathetic attempt to beg for money I’ve ever seen from someone who absolutely doesn’t need it.
10. I’m in a wheelchair and I’ve actually heard people say, “Aww she’s so beautiful, I feel bad for her, what a waste of beauty.”
I feel bad for you for begin ugly but able to walk, what a waste of legs.
11. I took my son to work with me, while I was on holiday, to pick up a pay cheque. I met our shipper and introduced my son who has a slight speech impediment.
My son said “Hello” and stammered on the ‘H’. The shipper started to laugh at him. I took my son’s hand and we walked away. Didn’t speak to the shipper again.
12. Ex-girlfriend found someone’s ATM card left in the machine. Promptly went on a shopping spree. I was so furious. People like her are the reason I have a panic attack when I can’t find my wallet. Just a straight up scummy thing to do.
13. Male coworker walked past a female coworker and said “i’d love to fondle her huge breasts” loud enough for her to hear it. respect went from 100% to 1% in a second.
14. When I was an RA I had a resident who got really drunk and started spouting off a lot of homophobic stuff in the middle of the hall, making another resident cry.
Later on another resident whom I had a lot of respect for, class president, triple major, pretty much came from nothing, came up talking to me telling me I shouldn’t write the drunk person up because she was just spouting off the truth about “Those people.” Never looked at her the same way again.
15. My RA freshman year of college: she had just lost a board game and threw a crazy fit. At first I thought she was joking, but soon realized she was completely serious.
A 20-year old having a tantrum over Ticket to Ride. In front of her friends and residents. Thinking it made her seem “scary” rather than juvenile. Never could respect her after that.
16. My manager doing what I just told a customer we can’t do because of policy. As in, a customer tries to scam us by saying, “I want to return this gift card, it doesn’t work.”
“We can’t do that, we do not do returns on gift cards because we can not verify the balance. If there is an issue with the gift card you need to contact Visa and have them solve the issue.”
Which is true. But then my manager just gives her the value of card plus the fee by returning it as a “Non-taxable Item.”
And of course the customer came back two more times and asked to return the card again and again. In total she got $615 because my manager is so weak and so scared of getting negative reviews.
17. Supervisor kept giving me additional work that wasn’t my responsibility (I was less than two weeks into a new job in a warehouse) and eventually another supervisor asked what I was doing, so I told them, and they cussed the other supervisor out for putting myself and other people in danger when I had not been trained how to offload trucks and navigate the docks.
18. I once had a good friend randomly message my then girlfriend asking if we were still together. I thought he was just checking up on me, making sure it was a good relationship because when she said yes, he said good.
Fast forward now, about 2 weeks after we break up, he messages her again, saying the same thing. Proceeds to try to console her and literally that night tries to flirt with her and sends her a dick pic. Does this many many times for the next few months not knowing that she and I were still very close and she was telling me everything.
He also had a girlfriend at the time. I’ve lost all respect and I’ll never give it back.
19. Dude squeezed my then-girlfriend’s breast right in front of me then tried to laugh it off because he’s gay and “would rather play with this guy’s big dong” (referring to a random guy standing within earshot).
I still can’t believe I had to explain to this guy that being gay doesn’t entitle you to touch other people’s bodies without permission.
20. I was out with a guy, we stopped at Taco Bell and were walking with a couple of tacos. He finished his first one and let the wrapper flutter to the ground. I was like ‘Come on dude.’
He blew it off and I thought maybe he was just embarrassed. But after the next taco, he doubled down and dropped that wrapper too. Lost all respect for him in that moment.
21. A college girl I worked with at a restaurant on campus bragged about how she told off a manager who politely asked her to order or leave at a restaurant downtown where she was studying and not buying anything. She told him that the whole town is her library and the only reason he had a job was because of students like her (college town), and that she was going to college to do something meaningful with her life and make a difference so she wouldn’t end up a sad restaurant manager like himself.
I was so stunned I couldn’t say anything. I have never heard anything more bratty and self-entitled in my life.
22. My mother’s best friend from when I was growing up added me to Facebook one time as a way to reconnect after she’d disappeared to France for several years. I stayed friends with her on there for a while. Until…
She posted something anti-vaccine, so I posted a response based on the facts – That vaccines don’t cause autism, and are actually bringing deadly diseases back, etc. and so on. I don’t mean to start fights, but I do this on occasion with my other friends on there so we can have reasonable discussions back and forth about it. Her response began with “As a mother…” and ended on “You’ll understand when you have kids.” Wow. Wooooow.
I’ve never unfriended someone so fast in my life.
23. Any conversation which goes like this:
Them: “Where are you from?”
Me (I’m brown): “I’m from the UK.”
Them: “Ok but where are you originally from?”
Me: “… London?”
Them: “I mean, where did your parents come from?”
Me: “If you’re asking for my ethnicity, I have distant roots in Asia. But that isn’t really what you asked for.”
Them:”Yeah, you didn’t look British, I knew you must be from Asia.”
It’s 2017 yet some people still can’t accept the concept of being fully British (or American, or Canadian, or whatever), whilst not being white.
24. A friend of mine went through a bunch of baby stuff I was giving away and decided she needed a fair chunk of it and I was happy to give it. I wasn’t happy when it was up for sale on local Facebook groups only a couple of days later.
25. My friend was upset that his ex didn’t pay him for “babysitting” his OWN kids. Not much more to say there..
26. My girlfriends mum has MS and is now struggling with mobility. A recent Christian concert friend of my girlfriends who has been a brilliant friend for twenty years said “if she came to church and followed the Lord this wouldn’t have happened to her”. 20 years of friendship gone in a sentence.
27. When I was in school at around 14 two of my friends got into an argument and one of them yelled “you’re such a piece of shit, no wonder your sister killed herself”
I know kids can be assholes but that took it to another level.
28. When I was in 6th grade, there was this weird girl Emma in my class. She was really shy and awkward, her clothes were small for her, and she smelled strange.
I was best friends with her cousin, who told me in confidence that she had serious issues at home. My friend was not a gossip, she was very protective of her cousin. Emma usually ate lunch in the classroom alone, probably felt more comfortable that way.
One day we had recess indoors since it was so cold outside. So Emma was with all the other kids. She’s sitting down and drawing, and some other kids are hanging around her. One of the popular boys is talking to her, he was well liked by teachers and students. But when I got nearer I was horrified.
(continued on the next page…)
As I approached I hear the boy calling her “trailer trash” and asking if her trailer home had a shower. He was laughing and a couple others nearby were laughing too, some of whom I’d considered friends before. Lost all respect for every one of them. Emma wasn’t crying or anything, just ignored them and kept drawing.
Unfortunately I let my emotions get the better of me. Punched him right in the face.
29. I went on a date with a girl in college. She was very kind but I could tell from the start she was quite a bit more affluent than I was. So she drives us to a coffee shop and pulls right into a handicap spot. When I notify her of her mistake she says, “Oh I know. Princess parking!” And she pulls out a handicap sticker from her purse and hangs it on her mirror. Personally I wanted to end the date right there, but I had to get a ride home somehow.
30. Its hard to respect someone who is unwilling to own up to it when they’re wrong. Everyone’s wrong sometimes, and refusing to accept it feels like cheating out of the social contract in a way.
31. I called my sister out for having my elderly mother co-sign on a loan. It was obvious that Mom had dementia and was unable to handle her finances. Her response: “She hasn’t been diagnosed yet.”
32. Treating someone badly because “everyone else was already doing it.”
33. Told me a story about how he helped his friend cheat on his girlfriend. Not a great way to impress a woman, guys..
34. New boss told me he wanted me “Overworked and underpaid”. Yes I totally want to work for you now.